Salt Lake Seasonal Trip Leader
Splore provides outdoor adventures throughout the state of Utah for people with disabilities and disadvantages. Splore’s Salt Lake programs include outdoor/indoor rock climbing, canoeing, snowshoeing, cross country skiing and overnight trips. Trip Leaders must possess exceptional customer service, group facilitation, risk management, public speaking, and leadership skills.
• Lead trips, facilitate large and small groups, teach technical skills, and ensure risk management
• Supervise and mentor support staff, interns and volunteers on trips
• Assist in the development and execution of guide and volunteer trainings
Equipment & Vehicles
• Organize, maintain, and repair equipment
• Drive 15 passenger vans, large trucks and trailers
• Assist in trip planning and adaptations
• Assist with office projects.
• Assist with outreach and special events
• Give and receive feedback to co-workers and other staff
- Current Wilderness First Responder, WFR, (through WMI, WMA, or SOLO) and CPR certifications
- 2 year of experience leading groups in an outdoor setting.
- Able to commit to:
– Winter season is January – April
– Summer season is May– October
- 25 years old with a current driver’s license and clean driving record
- Experience working with people with disabilities (preferred)
- Outgoing personality, ability to have fun and build rapport in a short period of time with a diverse groups of people
- Excellent communication and facilitation abilities
- Physical ability to participate in recreation activities for 5+ hours, including loading and unloading gear
- Ability to work Saturdays and weekends
- Ability to obtain Food Handlers Permit
- Ability to obtain UT Guide License
- Able to drive personal vehicle (Will be asked for Staff and gear transport on Climbing and Canoe Trips)
- Technical Skills
– Winter: Cross-country Skiing & Snowshoeing, prior experience in the last 4 years. Yurt or winter camping experience (preferred).
– Summer: Climbing, Lead Climb 5.7 and knowledge of knots & anchors (preferred). Canoeing: Proficient paddler on flat and flat moving water and ability to read a river.
• $10 – $12 an hour, depending on experience.
- Winter season is January – April
- Summer season is April – October
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply fill out our employment application found here by the deadline dates below.
- For winter position – October 30, 2017
- For summer position – March 24 , 2017