Salt Lake Seasonal Internship
** This Internship is well suited for students looking to fulfill a large internship (400+ hours) requirement for college credit or those looking to enter a career in the outdoor field. Splore also offers small internship opportunities. These internship are for students looking to experience in guiding and leading groups in an outdoor setting. FAQs
If you are a college student looking to fulfill your practicum or small internship requirement please send inquiries to email@example.com.
Splore’s Salt Lake programs include indoor rock climbing, canoeing, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing.
The Salt Lake Seasonal Intern Guide is a novice in program delivery and quality assurance. This experiential position serves as an opportunity to assist with, observe and learn to manage all aspects of trips; risk management; service delivery; activity instruction; and quality assurance. Responsibilities include assist with the supervision of volunteers, the risk management during trips, and ensuring quality standards are achieved. Success will be judged by goal setting, guide performance reviews, and participant/volunteer feedback from trips.
- Co-lead trips,
- Including group facilitation,
- Teaching technical skills
- Safety awareness
- Organize, maintain and repair equipment;
- Adapt equipment to enable participants with special needs to participate fully
- Assist in trip planning and adaptations
- Assist with outreach and special events
- Give and receive feedback to co-workers and other staff
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Current driver’s license and clean driving record
- Desire to work with people with disabilities (prior experience is helpful, but not required)
- Willingness to commit to a regular weekly program schedule
- Outgoing personality and ability to have fun with a diverse group of people
- Ability to lead groups in an outdoor setting
- Willingness to work on both program based and office based projects
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and people skills
- Physical ability to participate in recreation activities for 3+ hours, including loading and unloading gear
- Ability to work Saturdays
- Experience: Interns will gain valuable experience working as an outdoor professional, and hands on experience working with people of all abilities.
- Stipend: Full time interns will be paid $500 per month.
- Housing: Housing is not provided.
- Fun: We have tons of climbing, hiking, skiing and boating 30 minutes out of the city as well as all of the perks of being in a city: concerts, tasty restaurants and much more!
Winter Internship dates:
Start date: January 2016
End date: March 2017
Summer Internship dates:
Start date: April 2017
End date: August 2017
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply fill out our employment application found here by the deadlines shown below.
- For winter position – October 30, 2016
- For summer position – March 18, 2017